Well, it becomes a necessity to permanently destroy data in a number of situations from your digital storage devices, especially the hard drives that have the maximum usage worldwide. This action becomes necessary while disposing off the devices, reallocation or reusing them, or returning the leased digital storage devices that have become old. If it is not done so, your personal data or organizational data could be at risk. The reason being, your critical, sensitive and confidential business or personal information may fall into the wrong hands who, in turn, may misuse the data for personal benefit.
Cybercrime damages will cost the world $6 trillion annually by 2021, up from $3 trillion in 2015 (Source : Cybersecurity Ventures)
Secondly, organizations have legal obligations depending on the country in which they are setup. Therefore, they must obey international laws such as GLBA, SOX, to HIPPA for preventing breaches in data security. Next, deleting data by using simply FORMAT, FDISK, and Delete command is unsafe and an old technique to destroy your data permanently.
Further, permanently destroying data permits an old hard drive that has started running quite slow to be fast. For a fast, safe, and efficient data erasure, it is suggested that you use a tool equipped with the following features and benefits:
- Erase data from various hard drives together at once
- Offers data erasure processing at a nominal charge
- Erases data from all your data storage devices placed over a network
- Offers simple execution process for the removal of data permanently
- Erases your data at very high rate to speed up the completion of the process
- Erases your data beyond the scope of data recovery by any service or software
- Fulfills the maximum number of internationally recognized erasure standards
- Generates reports and certificates for audit trails of the data erasure process
- Supports various types of drives such as SATA, SSD, SAS, PATA, SCSI, USB, and IDE
- Easy-to-understand graphical user interface to execute data erasure process
- Usable on laptops, desktop/personal computers (PCs), external storage media devices, etc.
Finding a tool that offers features and benefits as mentioned above will serve the purpose for you. Keeping this in mind, it is suggested that you can use BitRaser, a certified and managed data erasure tool by Stellar Data Recovery – an industry expert in data recovery and data erasure solution.
This tool possesses the ability to serve your requirement of the best way to destroy your data permanently. The reasons are as follows:
- It can boot from a dongle.
- It can erase individual devices simultaneously.
- It fulfils both internal and external corporate audit requirements with traceable reporting.
- It performs erasure of data at exceedingly high or unparalleled speed regardless of the complexity.
- It can remove data from all data storage devices such as laptops, desktops, internal or external hard drives, servers, RAIDs, etc.
- It follows BDSG, GDPR, ISO27001, SOX, HIPAA, GLBA, JPIPA, EU-DPA, IT-Act, PCi-DSS, and ISAE 3402-3416.
- It offers live reporting about the data erasure process and permits sharing the report with various people.
Next, it offers complete data erasing irrespective of the nature of storage devices or type of industry which are as follows:
Telecom, Manufacturing, Consulting, BFSI, Recyclers and Refurbishers, Automotive, ITES (IT Enabled Services), Tour and Travel, Healthcare, Government bodies, Regulatory authorities, Research and development center, Educational institutes like schools, colleges, or universities.
Here, the process of data erasure from these industries depends on the type of business and confidentiality level in the particular enterprise, small or large. The reason being, several industries such as the governing bodies strictly demand to adhere to all data breach policy. Also, there exists several international laws and policy in companies that may ask to execute a complete audit. This is to ensure that storage drive disposal techniques have been followed correctly in an accurate way.
With all these attractive features, it has become the perfect tool for permanently destroying your data. In fact, it is the one-stop solution for permanently destroying the stored data in digital storage devices.
The Final Word
BitRaser is one of the safest and secure tools for deleting data that will erase and remove chances of data recovery. Now that you know that it is the best way to permanently destroy your data, i.e. for removal of data beyond the scope of recovery, you can use it to accomplish your task of erasing all those devices that you want to return, donate, or dispose of.