Execute the following steps to open inaccessible OST file in Stellar Toolkit for Outlook:
- Launch Stellar Toolkit for Outlook
- Click on ‘Convert OST to PST’ module
- In ‘Select Outlook Mailbox’ dialog box, perform the following:
- Click ‘Browse’ or ‘Find’ button to select an OST file stored on the system
- Use ‘Browse’ if you know the location of the OST file
- Use ‘Find’ feature if you do not know the location of OST file. The ‘Find’ feature searches and finds the OST file in the selected drive of the system
- Click ‘Convert’ button
- The OST to PST file conversion process starts.
The toolkit displays all the converted mailbox items from the scanned OST file in the preview window
- Select one or more or all converted mailbox components that you wish to save
- Go to the ‘File’ menu and click ‘Save Converted File’ button
The toolkit displays a dialog box with the following:
- ‘Save Options’ that provides PST, EML, MSG, RTF, HTML, PDF, DBX and MBOX file format as the saving options.
- ‘Advance Option’ to save converted PST file as- ‘Save PST Normally’, ‘Compact and Save PST’ & ‘Split and Save PST’ options
- ‘Export Options’ to export PST file in multiple ways- ‘Export to Live Exchange Server’, ‘Export to Office 365’ and ‘Export to Existing Outlook Profile’ options.
- In ‘Save Options’ dialog box, choose the desired format to open the inaccessible OST file in the chosen file format
Note – If you choose PST in ‘Save Options’, choose any in the ‘Advance Option’. Once the software has converted OST to PST, import the PST file in Outlook to access the stored data items.
- In ‘Export Options’ dialog box, choose the desired option to open the converted OST file
Your OST file is now accessible through Stellar Outlook Toolkit.