How to Recover Deleted 4K Videos from Sony FDR-AX100 Handycam
Summary: Loss of high-resolution videos due to accidental deletion is a common problem faced by Sony camera users. The purpose of this article is to guide you to the best way to recover lost or deleted 4K videos from the Sony FDR-AX100 camcorder.
Recently a Canadian videographer shared his agony with us asking for a safe remedy to get him out of the critical video loss situation. The worst part of his story was when the people around advised him with backup plans and how he should have been careful with his videos. But the final question was that his videos are lost, now how to get them back?
‘I accidentally deleted my important corporate videos shot from Sony FDR-AX100. The loss is critical for my work as I do not have the back-up also. All the 4k HD videos are in MPEG-4 format and saved in the Memory Stick Pro-HG Duo. Is there a safe way to recover my 4K videos from Sony handycam?’
The high-resolution professional videos are the result of a lot of hard work and time devoted, and losing them can be a devastating experience. Sony FDR-AX100 is not only used by video enthusiasts but professional videographers also, owing to its incredible quality to capture the details in the video footage.
But managing and storing such high-quality 4K videos is a demanding task. Usually, high capacity, faster, and advanced storage media like Memory Stick Pro Duo, and SDXC memory cards, etc., are used to save such videos. The bitter truth is that none of them is a 100% fool-proof storage solution. But on a positive note, there is video recovery software available that can restore 4K videos from Sony FDR-AX100. The video recovery tools come as a handy solution to recover deleted 4k videos of a high-resolution shot from Sony FDR-AX100.
One of the popularly used applications and highly recommended by videographers and tech experts are Stellar Photo Recovery. It is one of the most viable recovery tools for lost or deleted 4k videos.
Stellar Photo Recovery – The Right choice to Recover Deleted 4K Videos.
The advanced algorithm of Stellar Photo Recovery seamlessly recovers lost videos of large size and high resolution. The do-it-yourself software works best in cases of 4K videos lost after formatting, accidental deletion, and corruption of the storage media.
Other features that make Stellar’s application perfect for Sony FDR camera 4K videos recovery are:
- Supports recovery of RAW file formats of Sony cameras
- Supports recovery from all storage media including Memory Stick Pro Duo, Memory Stick Pro-HG Duo, SD Memory Card, SDHC, and SDXC Memory Card, commonly used in Sony devices
- Supports Sony FDR-AX 100 video format – MPEG-4, AVCHD, XAVC S
- Available for both Mac and Windows users
- Retrieves 4K videos without depreciating the original quality
- Simple and self-explanatory interface
- Completely safe and secure
How to recover deleted 4K videos using Stellar video recovery software?
To recover deleted 4K videos from Sony FDR-AX 100, download, install, and run Stellar Photo Recovery software on your system. Connect the storage media containing the 4K video footages taken from Sony FDR. Follow the below steps to recover deleted video footages:
- Launch Stellar Photo Recovery Software.
- Next, select the location from where you want to recover. Click Scan to start the scanning process
- A dialog box of ‘Scanning Completed Successfully!’ displays the scan results – number of files found and size of the data. In the left pane of the main window, all the recovered data is listed. You can preview them in the right pane.
Note: If you do not see the required videos in the list, opt for the Deep Scan option at the bottom.
- Click Recover. You can also choose to recover only the selective files – select videos that you need, right-click, and click Recover.
- In the dialog box, specify the location to save the image files. Click Save. All the files get saved at the specified location.
Important manual fixes to recover lost 4K videos from Sony camera?
The answer is ‘Yes.’ There are some hacks you can try in your system to restore lost videos before choosing the recovery software. The workarounds might not work always but in some scenarios may help you to recover the lost videos. Like when your system does not detect the storage media containing 4K videos, try reinstalling your drivers or assign a new drive letter to the media.
In case the computer asks to format the memory card before opening, giving an error message, perform Chkdsk to fix errors in the card. But this will only fix the minor errors. For severely corrupt media, you would again need to take the help of professional recovery software.
Video loss is unavoidable even when you take extra precautions by making backups. But the good news is whether you are an amateur or else a seasoned professional, Stellar Photo Recovery benefits all. This easy-to-use software comes to your rescue and helps to recover your deleted 4K videos in an efficient and effective fashion.
You can also try the free version to best assess the capabilities of the tool. Stellar Photo Recovery is the most workable solution to recover deleted 4K videos from Sony FDR cameras. How was your 4K videos recovery experience? Do share with us in the comment box below.