At times, your Adobe Acrobat viewer fails to display your PDF files properly; instead, it shows a 'blank white screen' when you try to open it. Mentioned below are some of the common reasons that are responsible for such behavior of your PDF file:
Causes: The causes responsible for such behavior of PDF are:
- Missing plug-ins of Adobe Acrobat reader
- PDF files are not present in the virtual directory.
- Corrupt PDF file
- Older versions of web server that are handling the PDF file incorrectly.
Resolutions: You can try the below mentioned resolutions to fix this problem:
- Disable the 'view in browser' feature: By disabling this feature of Adobe Acrobat viewer, you force the viewer to display your PDF file outside the browser in a separate window. This resolution method solves your problem in most of the cases, but fails with IE (Internet Explorer).
- Check the accuracy of your 'web server': Sometimes, it happens that the problem is with your web server, which results in the above-mentioned issue. Therefore, in such situations, it is suggested to open your PDF file from the website of Adobe. If the Acrobat viewer at Adobe's website is able to display the PDF file, then it means there are problems with the server itself.
- Download your PDF file to your hard drive: Download your PDF file on the hard drive of your computer, and then try to view it in the browser. However, if you are using Microsoft Internet Explorer 4.0 or later versions, then follow the below mentioned steps to view your PDF file in these browsers:
- Right click your PDF file and select the option 'Save Target As' on the pop-up menu.
- The 'Save As' dialog box pops up. Here, specify the name and the location of your PDF file. After that, click 'Save'.
- Now select 'File >> Open' and then click 'Browse'.
- From the 'Files of Type' pop-up menu bar, choose all the files by selecting 'All Files'.
- Choose the PDF file that you have saved in Step 2, and then click 'Open'. Now, your file must be opened through 'Acrobat Viewer' inside your browser window.
- Professional PDF Repair Software: However, if none of the above-mentioned resolutions is able to fix your problem, then use of a professional PDF repair software is recommended.
You can select any of the above-mentioned resolutions to rectify the problem occurred with your PDF file. However, professional PDF recovery software is always an ultimate way to repair your corrupt PDF file and restore its data in such situation.