Sometimes while trying to open a PDF document you may encounter the following error message:
'There was an error opening this document. The file is damaged and could not be repaired'
Due to the corruption of the PDF file you become unable to view the multimedia and graphics contents of this PDF document. You only get to see the textual information or sometimes only a blank page appears on the screen. However, it is pretty much clear from the error itself that your PDF document is corrupt or damaged. Let us discuss the causes of the corruption of your PDF file:
Causes of PDF file corruption:
- Virus infection
- Improper download of PDF document due to bad internet connectivity or lengthy download also corrupts the PDF document
- Incompatible third-party software interaction such as incompatible software to read or create a PDF file also corrupts it.
- Various other human errors like improper system shutdown, abrupt application abortion, erroneous download or upload of PDF file, etc can also corrupt a PDF file.
Resolution: In this situation download Stellar Repair for PDF software to repair and recover your valuable PDF file. Download and install the software on your system and follow the below-mentioned steps to repair your PDF file and restore your file.
- Start Stellar PDF Recovery software
- Click Repair PDF Files button
- Select the PDF file which you want to repair
- Click Scan button. The progress bar provided at the bottom of the interface shows the ongoing scanning process.
- After the successful scanning of your PDF file, its preview is shown at the interface of the software.
- Click Save to save the repaired PDF file. A Browse For folder is displayed to select the destination of the repaired file.
- Now to select the output version of the repaired PDF file through Select Output Version combo box. However, by default the output version of the repaired PDF file is same as the selected file.
- To save the repaired file, click OK. A confirmation message displaying Process completed successfully pops up.
- Thus, repaired PDF file is saved with the name format Recovered_[File Name]_Date.pdf at your desired location.