How to Repair Corrupt MOV, MP4, M4V, 3GP, 3G2 and F4V files with Stellar Repair for Video?

December 10, 2018     33326 views     1     0

There are various video file formats supported across different media players. MOV is yet another popular file format, used by Apple devices. One of the most popular media players is QuickTime, which uses the MOV file format. However, there are many other media players, which support MOV files. In addition, there are devices like CCTV and HD cameras that capture the video in MOV file format.

There are instances, when such file formats fails to open or become inaccessible. It could be due to a software failure, or any interruption while transferring the file. In addition, there are various other reasons like use of poor video editors or improper downloads that can make the MOV or any other video file corrupt. A corrupt or damaged MOV file fails to open in any media player including the QuickTime. However, there are ways using which such issues can be fixed. The best way is to use a professional software.

Stellar Repair for Video is an advanced Video repair software to repair corrupt or damaged video files from any storage media. The software supports repairing MOV, MP4, F4V, M4V, 3GP, & 3G2 file formats due to header, format, duration, movement, and other kinds of corruption. You can use the below steps in the video to repair corrupt or damaged video files like, MOV using this software.

• Launch the ‘Stellar Repair for Video ’ software and click ‘Add File’ button to add the video files to be repaired as shown below.

Stellar Repair for Video  - Main Screen

• The scanning of the listed files is in progress. Click Stop button to stop the process.

Add Video Files - Stellar Video Repair

• Once you have repaired all the files, you can preview them one at a time by clicking on the ‘Preview’ button.

Preview Video File

• In case the video is severely corrupted, select advance repair to proceed.
  • Once the repair is over, the repaired video files can be saved in the destination location.

Save Repaired Video Files

John A MacDonald
June 19, 2014 12:17 pm

First use of MOV File Repair utility very disappointing. I cannot find ANY articles on this program in your support knowledge base.

Is there a maximum file size for the MOV files the program can repair? Please advise.

June 23, 2014 08:45 am

Hi John,

Sorry for the inconvenience.

We would be adding more articles on MOV file repair software. And, there is no size limit set in the software to repair corrupt file. Hope this helps. Do let us know for further query.

Norbert Marchadesch
October 21, 2014 12:11 pm

I cannot make the demo version work. My corrupted files are originally 5GB and with the XDCAM 422 codec. Does the video repair support this?

October 28, 2014 11:15 am

Hi Norbert,

Can you share your file with us so that we can test it at our end. We will arrange facility for sharing your file. Just need your permission to do so.

Do let us know!!

Piotr Przybyslawski
January 4, 2015 02:53 pm

Hello,

I have purchased the program to recover my corrupted mp4 files saved by the gopro4 camera. the program did not work. I tried it on small ~ 100MB files. Please advise what I should do. I am happy to send the file over if that helps.

Many thanks,
Piotr

January 5, 2015 06:49 am

Hi Piotr,

Yes, please send us the file so that is can be analysed and tested at our end. Please mail us at support[@]stellarinfo.com (remove '@' symbol)

Do let us know for further query.

Roberto Messa
May 20, 2015 10:09 am

Hello,

I have purchased the program to recover my corrupted mp4 files saved by thenexus4. the program did not work. I tried it on 220Mb files.
Please advise what I should do. I am happy to send the file over if that helps.

Many thanks,
Roberto

May 21, 2015 11:22 am

Hi Roberto,

Yes you can send us the file. We will test it at our end and will let you know.

Stellar

Roberto Messa
May 22, 2015 01:08 pm

how can I send the file?

May 25, 2015 11:06 am

Hi Roberto,

Our Tech Support team will reach you and let you know the method to send your video file for repair.

Stellar

James Wegg
August 1, 2015 03:04 pm

I am trying to repair a 22.19 GB . mov file. How long should I expect that to take?

August 4, 2015 09:32 am

Hi James,

For 22 GB .mov file it normally takes 2 to 3 hours depending upon the corruption level of that .mov file. If you feel that software is taking too long to repair, I advise to stop the process and run a new scan again.

Andrew Jehan
August 16, 2015 03:06 pm

When I click on 'Preview', a window opens with the file name and an icon, but no preview plays. What am I doing wrong? I want to preview before purchasing a license.

August 17, 2015 05:54 am

Hi Andrew,

In demo version of Stellar Repair for Video , the software will launch preview of files having size less than or up to 10 MB. Since your files size is greater than 10 MB it won't show you the preview.

Hope this helps!!

Andrew Jehan
August 17, 2015 06:57 pm

I don't have any corrupt files that are smaller than 10 MB. How can I know whether Stellar Repair for Video will work for me? I can't spend $100 on software that won't fix my files.

August 18, 2015 08:37 am

Hi again Andrew,

There are certain limitations in demo version of course and we fully understand your concern that is why we provide free service in case our software fails to repair your files after purchase.

Kenneth Schwartz
November 29, 2016 10:08 pm

I have tried to repair video files from a ContourII cam and it does not work at all - Is there a newer version than 1.0.1 which is on Apple Appstore?

November 30, 2016 08:12 am

Hi Kenneth,

Could you please let us know the file type you trying to repair? And yes, we have the newer version of the application which is Stellar Repair for Video 2.0. You can download this version from https://www.stellarinfo.com/disk-recovery/video-repair.php

Sumanth Culli
May 18, 2017 09:33 am

Whenever I'm trying to repair a video, I'm getting the following error.
INSUFFICIENT SPACE ON BOOT DRIVE TO SAVE TEMPORARY DATA.
SUFFICIENT SPACE TO SAVE TEMPORARY DATA IS NOT AVAILABLE ON BOOT DRIVE. PLEASE CREATE EMPTY SPACE ON BOOT DRIVE TO REPAIR SELECTED FILES.

May 18, 2017 02:31 pm

Hi Sumanth,

We regret the inconvenience caused to you.

We request you to forward us the screenshot of the error message to support@stellarinfo.com. We would be more than happy to help you from hereon.

Andre Kampka
July 8, 2017 05:46 pm

Hi there,
I have a corrupted MP4 file with the size of 5 GB. The "MediaInfo" says, that the file has a video bitrate of 50 GB, not 50 Mbit. So I can't open the file in any video tool or play it with vlc.
Now it is not possible to repair it with your demo and the preview is also not possible.
What happened, if the tool is not working for me? I don't want to pay so much money...
Kind regards
André

September 6, 2017 06:48 am

Thank you for writing to Stellar Data Recovery.

You can check the possibility of repair by the partial preview shown in the demo version of the software. If no partial preview is available for the video files then they are severely corrupted and cannot be repaired.

Warm Regards,
Stellar Data Recovery ​

Turnwall
August 2, 2017 03:24 pm

I have a 35 GB video file from a Lumix GH5. I ran the software and it completed in about a minute, saving a repaired file the size of 1kb. :(

Can I send you a link to the file to download and possibly recover?

September 6, 2017 06:34 am

We have sent you an email to assist you for the issue. Please follow our email for the further assistance.

Brian
August 10, 2017 11:33 am

If "selected videos are repaired successfully" but Preview does not work, is there a guarantee that the video will be repaired if I buy a license?

August 10, 2017 02:13 pm

We would like to inform you that the software shows the partial preview of the repaired file in the demo version of the software, if the partial preview is available in that case repairing of file is possible.

If the preview is not available in that case repairing would not be possible even if you buy the software.

Warm Regards,

THIRU
September 4, 2017 03:49 pm

one of my friend recoverd my CF card video files on v 7 recovery software all the files are recovered winrar, how do i open and play ?
WHAT IS ARJ/FLC/TAR /WP ? HOW TO GET PHOTOS AND VIDEOS OF DSLR

September 6, 2017 05:21 am

We recommend you to use the software from the below link: -

Free download to recover upto 1GB data absolutely free.

After you save your files then try to open them.

María del Pilar Duran Cornelio
December 10, 2017 09:12 pm

HEllo, i have this issue too:
INSUFFICIENT SPACE ON BOOT DRIVE TO SAVE TEMPORARY DATA.

and i don't have the option to select another destination for the file.

December 11, 2017 06:37 am

As per your concern we will contact you through email.

Warm Regards,

Ryan Tweedy
January 23, 2018 08:03 pm

It says that the files are repaired but when I hit save it creates an empty folder labeled "Repaired-Video-Files". There are no files in this folder. Why?

Bradley Post
January 29, 2018 12:55 am

Purchased to repair MP4 gopro files, it has been unsuccessful. i have uploaded a file for the your analysis.

Jermaine Valiatham
February 18, 2018 05:55 pm

Purchased to repair a 1.1gb mov file but repair failed. please help!

Raman Arora
March 23, 2018 05:42 pm

I tried repairing .mp4 video file but the repair failed. In the logs, I found the following message

Failed due to unsupported Audio or Video codecs.

Could someone please suggest the steps which can help me fix it?

ROREY
September 29, 2018 03:15 am

I was able to (what I thought was) fix my corrupt mp4 video. It took less than a minute to repair and I was able to verify with the preview. When I opened the saved file, it took my 30 minute video and just kept the first 7 minutes. Is there a way for you to fix this?

October 1, 2018 12:26 am

Thank you for contacting us.

We understand the inconvenience caused to you.

We would like to inform you that we have contacted you on your email directly.

Please get back to us.

Best Regards,

Ana Krstic
November 18, 2018 03:26 pm

I've used StellarRepairForVideo and it shows the footage but every video last for 1 second even though the original is longer. Can you please help me make it work again? It's very important.

November 19, 2018 10:46 am

Thank you for contacting us.

We have responded on your email. Kindly check your email.

Kris
November 24, 2018 05:29 pm

A bit disapointing....

Had an acsidend of formating memory card from DJI mavic pro 2... Recovered video, but needed to repair....

after 3-4 days of non-stop work (would not mind the time) it did no repair any video file .......
Just waste of money ...

November 26, 2018 05:51 am

Thank you for contacting us.

We have responded on your email. Kindly check your email.