How to repair severely corrupted Video files using a Sample File?

May 30, 2018     3479 views     0     0

Stellar Repair for Video lets you repair corrupted or damaged video files from storage media like flash drives, memory cards, hard drives and external hard drives. Some of the most common causes that lead to corruption in videos are changes in file format, file header corruption, improper system shutdown, file read and write errors, virus attacks, and incomplete download and compression issues.

Stellar Repair for Video repairs multiple video types, like MOV, MP4, M4V, 3G2, 3GP, and F4V. You can preview the repaired videos before saving them to the computer.

Run the software and follow given steps to repair the severely corrupted video file from Advance Repair option.

Step 1:  This is the main screen of video repair software, click on 'Add File' button to add the files for repairing process.

Operating System Supported: Windows 10, 8.1, 8, 7, Vista & XP and macOS High Sierra 10.13, 10.12, 10.11, 10.10, 10.9, 10.8, 10.7.

Step 2: If you want to add more files for repairing. Click on the ‘Add File’ button.

Step 3: If your selected video file is severely corrupted then software allows you to repair it using ‘Advance Repair’ feature of the software.

To add a sample file you may follow below steps.

1. From the list of video files, click Advance Repair link under the Action attribute.

2. A dialog box appears. Click Next.

3. Click Browse and select the required Sample file from the location.

4. Select the option 'Apply to all files of same format' to use the selected sample file for repairing all the corrupted video files in the list.

5. Click Repair button to start the repairing process.

6. A progress bar indicates the repairing progress of the file. In case you want to stop the ongoing process, click the Stop button.

7. A 'Repair process completed' dialog appears.

Step 4: Click on the ‘Save Repaired Files’ button to save the repaired files at preferred location.

Step 5: To see the preview of repaired file, click on the ‘Preview’ button.

Step 6: A 'Repair process completed' message appears after successful repairing of the selected files.

Conclusion: The above procedure is solution for severely corrupted video file with the help of new feature called Advance Repair.

fazl azeem
January 18, 2019 01:23 pm

I installed stellar repair for video and data recovery, to test if software is reliable. To test it, i deleted a video. when i recover it says need advanced repair. when I click repair it again shows advanced repair when it should be showing preview.

January 18, 2019 02:43 pm

We have responded to your email.

Hope for your cooperation.

Regards.
Stellar Data Recovery.

Fran Murray
April 1, 2019 05:20 pm

I purchased your product and have used it a number of times now. The video seems to be repaired Ok but the sound is broken into short segments (around 1 second) and spread over the whole video. This sounds like someone is turning audio on and off constantly and what can be heard is no longer in sync.

April 1, 2019 11:02 pm

We have responded to your email.

Hope for your cooperation.

Regards.
Stellar Data Recovery.

Rui Silva
April 24, 2019 06:53 pm

Hello.
My ex has used your software for a few years and she used it to recover a damaged video file I sent her to see how well your software would work.
She managed to recover the image stream (seemingly fine) but the audio is just as Fran Murray's comment here states. Is this normal or expected or even usual at all? I was considering buying a license to this since it would pretty much be cheaper than what a lab budgeted me to recover a mechanically malfunctional disk I have with a load of big 4k videos I wanted to recover. These are concert videos around 800mb to 1.5gb each, so it's important that the sounds is also recovered and set back into sync with the video. Can anyone shed some light into this please? Thanks,
Rui Silva

Stellar Data Recovery.
April 25, 2019 05:53 am

We have responded to your email.

Hope for your cooperation.

Regards.
Stellar Data Recovery.

Rui Silva
April 25, 2019 02:36 pm

I have asked you for a specific explanation on a certain behaviour of the software I found to be strange. You guys just contacted me back with a standard completely unrelated message with generic how-to processes of the software, so you did not even bother to read it, surely.
I am definitely not purchasing a license from you, given this. And given this impersonal support level, I cannot take your own word that you are the "the world’s best tool for repairing corrupt, broken or damaged MP4, MOV,AVI, MKV, AVCHD, MJPEG, WEBM, ASF, WMV, FLV, DIVX, MPEG, MTS, M4V, 3G2, 3GP, and F4V file formats", as you say.

April 25, 2019 06:52 pm

We have responded to your email.

Hope for your cooperation.

Regards.
Stellar Data Recovery.

Vince Jones
May 2, 2019 11:54 am

I have tried to repair a video file using advanced repair but the resulting file, when saved, is very small indeed and appears to be empty. Why is this? I had to purchase the software in order to try to repair this one file and it doesn't seem to work so I'd like to know if I can get my money refunded.

Stellar Data Recovery.
May 2, 2019 02:54 pm

We have responded to your email.

Hope for your cooperation.

Regards.
Stellar Data Recovery.

Seng Chen
May 3, 2019 09:47 pm

I tried this method but the "repaired" mp4 file has a jerky image stream (like Max Headroom from the '80s) and the audio is missing. I tried a second pass on the "repaired" files and the jerkiness was compounded what looked like partially overlaid video components (and still no sound). I would be happy to recover the image stream only since I also recorded audio to a second device, but what I have now is just as unusable as the original file which I couldn't open or import into Premiere.

May 7, 2019 06:50 am

We have responded to your email.

Hope for your cooperation.

Regards.
Stellar Data Recovery.

Rommel Reyes
June 6, 2019 03:12 am

I have also tried to repair a video file using advanced repair but the output, when saved, is very small and glitchy (shows random colors instead of the actual video) Why is this? I had to purchase the software in order to try to repair not one but multiple files and it doesn't seem to work so I'd like to know if I can get my money refunded. Please address this issue.

June 6, 2019 07:40 am

We have responded to your email.

Hope for your cooperation.

Regards.
Stellar Data Recovery.

Chris
June 18, 2019 02:04 pm

Dear Sir/Madam,

I am keen to purchase the license.

I try to use trial version, however it was unable to preview the repaired video. Does it mean the file is unrepairable? Thanks.

Chris

stellar support
June 18, 2019 06:07 pm

We have responded to your email.

Hope for your cooperation.

Regards.