Stellar Knowledge Base
Stellar Repair for Video lets you repair corrupted or damaged video files from storage media like flash drives, memory cards, hard drives and external hard drives. Some of the most common causes that lead to corruption in videos are changes in file format, file header corruption, improper system shutdown, file read and write errors, virus attacks, and incomplete download and compression issues.
Stellar Repair for Video repairs multiple video types, like MP4, MOV, AVI, MKV, AVCHD, MJPEG, WEBM, ASF, WMV, FLV, DIVX, MPEG, MTS, M4V, 3G2, 3GP, and F4V. You can preview the repaired videos before saving them to the computer.
Run the software and follow given steps to repair the severely corrupted video file from Advance Repair option.
Step 1: This is the main screen of video repair software, click on 'Add File' button to add the files for repairing process.
Operating System Supported: Windows 11, 10, 8.1, 8, 7, Vista & XP and macOS Monterey 12, Big Sur 11, Catalina 10.15, Mojave 10.14, High Sierra 10.13, 10.12, 10.11, 10.10, 10.9, 10.8, 10.7.
Step 2: If you want to add more files for repairing. Click on the ‘Add File’ button.
Step 3: If your selected video file is severely corrupted then software allows you to repair it using ‘Advance Repair’ feature of the software.
To add a sample file you may follow below steps.
1. From the list of video files, click Advance Repair link under the Action attribute.
2. A dialog box appears. Click Next.
3. Click Browse and select the required Sample file from the location.
4. Select the option 'Apply to all files of same format' to use the selected sample file for repairing all the corrupted video files in the list.
5. Click Repair button to start the repairing process.
6. A progress bar indicates the repairing progress of the file. In case you want to stop the ongoing process, click the Stop button.
7. A 'Repair process completed' dialog appears.
Step 4: Click on the ‘Save Repaired Files’ button to save the repaired files at preferred location.
Step 5: To see the preview of repaired file, click on the ‘Preview’ button.
Step 6: A 'Repair process completed' message appears after successful repairing of the selected files.
Conclusion: The above procedure is solution for severely corrupted video file with the help of new feature called Advance Repair.
Stellar Repair for Video Stellar Repair for Video software is the world’s best tool for repairing corrupt, broken or damaged MP4, MOV & other video file formats. Software will fix videos that were corrupted during the shoot, when performing file transfer or while editing, converting or processing files.