Stellar Repair for Photo software is equipped to perform successful repair of your corrupt Photos even if the corruption has occurred to the metadata part of the file damaging its embedded thumbnail image. The tool works by performing in-depth scanning of the corrupt Photos, repairing any corrupt data in the file, and extracting the image and its corresponding thumbnail intact. You can follow the below-mentioned instructions or watch the video to know the method to extract and repair thumbnails in any corrupt photo using this tool:
- Run Stellar Repair for Photo. The main screen of the software has an option to add files. You can add single or multiple files for scanning.
- The next screen contains option ‘add’. Click 'Add File(s)' button for selecting Photos. The selected Photos will be displayed in the interface. You can select multiple Photos as the software supports batch repair.
- You may click 'Select All' for selecting all JPEG files listed in the interface at once. Next, click 'Repair' button to initiate the thumbnail extraction process.
- The software starts scanning the selected files while repairing them and extracting thumbnails. Once >jpeg> file repair process is completed, you will see all the extracted thumbnails listed in the left pane of the interface. You can select any desired thumbnail in this list to see its preview in the right pane.
- Click 'Save' button at the bottom to save the extracted thumbnails at a user-specified location.