BitRaser for File comes with a ‘Search File’ option that allows you to find and delete specific files from the system. The search option helps you to locate and erase lost as well as hidden files present in the system.
Follow these steps to search and erase specific files from Windows PC:
- Launch ‘BitRaser for File’ and Set Default Algorithm for Erasure from the ‘Tools’ tab
- Click on the ‘Home’ tab and then click on ‘Search File’ in the left tree-view pane
- Click on ‘Search File by Name’
- Type the file name in the ‘Search File’ text field and click the ‘Add File’ button. Add as many file names or extensions as you want. Use ‘Remove from the List’ or ‘Remove All’ buttons to remove added files
- From ‘Search in’ box, expand the drives and click on the checkbox of the folder or drive where the file is or might be located
- Click on the ‘Search’ button and wait till the file search completes
- Files based on the search query (file name) are listed in the checklist box. Click on the respective checkbox to select individual files or click the ‘Select All’ checkbox to select all listed files
- You may click ‘Create Certificate’ to generate a certificate of erasure
- Click ‘Erase Now’ and then ‘Yes’ to confirm. Wait until the erasure process completes
- Click ‘Yes’ when prompted to restart the system
You have now successfully destroyed specific files through Search file option of BitRaser for File software.