MS Outlook uses PST file format to store mail items. However, there are different file formats supported across different email clients. MBOX is one of the other file formats used to store data items in Netscape. There are situations when you need to access your mail items in different platforms. For this, you need to have a reliable tool, which will allow you to access all mail items in original format.
Stellar Outlook PST to MBOX Converter is a professional and complete tool to transfer your mail items from Outlook to Netscape. The tool is studded with all the latest features, which facilitates quick and easy conversion. Since MBOX is the supported file format across many different clients, you can import the converted MBOX file to Thunderbird, Spicebird, and SeaMonkey as well. The below mentioned steps allows you to easily import Outlook PST to Netscape MBOX format.
Step 1: Select the PST file to be converted
1. Launch the software to open the main screen.
2. 'Select Outlook Profile & MBOX Client dialog' box appears up as shown below.
3. Choose the desired profile or any configured profile in this dialog box. The dialog box displays some default list of profiles. However, you can always choose any desired Outlook profile. In order to choose any other PST file, navigate to the specific drive, folder, or volume using 'Find PST File' option as shown below.
4. Select the MBOX client. In this case, select Netscape.
5. Click 'OK' to start scanning the selected PST file as shown below.
(Note: In case of password-protected files, you need to specify the password in the 'Enter Outlook PST Password' dialog box and click 'OK'.)
Step 2: Previewing Mailbox Items in Main Interface
1. The software displays all the mailbox items in a tree-like structure.
2. Click on any folder in this list to display all the mails in the folder.
3. Click any particular mail item to have a preview in the main interface as shown below.
Step 3: Converting and Saving Mailbox Items
1. To start the conversion process, click the 'Convert to MBOX' button on the toolbar.
2. Stellar Outlook PST to MBOX Converter dialog box appears up.
3. Provide any desired destination path to save the converted mails and click 'OK' as shown below.
Once done, you can navigate to the specified location to check the converted MBOX file. Finally, you need to import the MBOX file to the Netscape client to access emails. However, there are different ways of importing an MBOX file in Netscape running on different Windows platform.
For Windows XP, copy the converted file to the following directory path:
C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Application Data\Mozilla\Profiles
For Windows Vista, copy the converted file to the following directory path:
Windows 7 / Windows 8
For Windows 7/8, copy the converted file to the following directory path:
Once done, you need to launch Netscape and go to the menu bar. There you need to click 'Window', and select ' Mail & Newsgroups'. This will open a new window where you can see the converted mails in the left pane under 'Local Folders'.