Summary: This article discusses how to fix video lagging, stuttering, or glitches in the best way possible. Also, you may find what to do to fix glitches and lagging issues in online videos. However, when attempting to get rid of these issues, using the Best Video Repair Tool is the most effective approach.
“I’ve been facing video lagging issues from about a week now. Both the audio and video are stuttering and the audio is producing a robotic sound. I tried deleting my Adobe Flash player as I thought it might be interfering with Chrome’s built-in flash player, but that did not solve the problem. How do I fix this issue?”
“I often watch YouTube and other online videos on the computer. For the past few days, the videos are lagging, stuttering, buffering and showing other glitches. What could be the reason and how to correct this?”
If you are also encountering stuttering and glitches while playing or watching your favourite videos, read on to find out how to fix these errors on your own. In this blog, we’ll discuss a few simple methods to fix video lag, stutter or glitches easily.
Ensure the following first when you try to fix glitches and lagging issues in online videos:
- Delete cookies & temp files
- Use a high speed Internet connection
- Close all browser windows when viewing the web video
- Instead of Wi-Fi, directly connect modem with computer
- Update to latest browser
- Update Media Player on your system
- Play in another browser
- Watch video in Safe Mode
Top Methods to Fix Video Lag, Stutter or Glitches
- Reinstall your device driver
- Repair Video with VLC Media Player
- Scan for hardware changes
- Disable hardware decoding
- Decrease the video size & resolutions
- Download/copy your video again
- Use Best Video Repair Tool
1. Re-install Your Device Drivers
Outdated drivers may also lead to video lagging or video stuttering. Hence, you should ensure that you are using the latest version of the graphic drivers for your PC or reinstall/update drivers to fix these issues. Follow the given steps to reinstall your device drivers:
1. Go to Control Panel and open Device Manager.
Figure: Control Panel Screen
2. Go to Sound, video and game controllers.
Figure: Select Sound, video and game controllers
3. Right-click on each option available in the section and reinstall it.
Check, install, and see if any latest updates are available for the drivers.
2. Repair Videos With VLC Media Player
VLC Media Player is a well-known media player, which supports almost all audio and video formats. However, sometimes, you might experience lagging or stuttering while playing high-definition videos. There are chances that your video(s) might be corrupted. VLC media player has an built-in feature to repair such corrupt videos. Open your problematic video in VLC and follow the given steps:
- On the main screen on VLC player, go Tools, and choose Preferences.
Figure: Choose Preferences under Tools section
2. There, open Input & Codecs and click Always Fix > Save.
Figure: Choose Always Fix >Save option
Now check your video to find out if the problem is fixed.
3. Scan for Hardware Changes
Sometimes, hardware changes may lead to lagging, stuttering or other glitches in a video. Scanning for hardware changes using Device Manager might help fix the issue.
- Open WinX menu by pressing Windows + X command.
- Open Device Manager and select ‘Scan for hardware changes’.
- Now, run the scan. Once it is done, close the video and try playing your videos again.
4. Disable Hardware Decoding
If you have enabled the hardware decoding, it might also result in choppy video playback errors. You can fix it by disabling it. You can follow the given steps to fix the video lag, stutter and glitches.
1. Open VLC and click Tools > Preferences.
2. Click Input and Codecs on left sidebar.
3. Select Disable Hardware-Accelerated Decoding.
Open your videos and check now if you are able to play your video without any error.
5. Decrease the Video Size & Resolutions
UHD (ultra-high definition) 4K videos, due to their big size and formats, often create problems in playing videos or during transfer to portable devices. If you decrease the size of the video as well as the resolution, it can make the large-sized videos play properly. You may change the quality parameters such as frame rate, resolution and bit rate extra with the help of video converter tools or video size decreasing software.
6. Download/copy your video again
Sometimes, when you download a video from a site or transfer from other device, it may cause problems like video lagging, stuttering or choppy videos. It may happen due to improper downloading or sudden interruption during transfer or downloading process. Hence, make sure that there is no interruption during the video transfer or downloading process.
7. Use Best Video Repair Tool
If all the above methods fail to give you the desired results, choosing the best video repair tool such as Stellar Repair for Video is the way to go. This DIY software is capable of repairing all kinds of corrupt, broken or unplayable videos. It can fix stuttering, flickering, blurriness & other video problems and simultaneously repair unlimited number of video files of same or different formats. The software fixes video files that do not play due to any corruption in VLC Media Player, Windows Media Player®, Media Player Classic, MX player, PotPlayer, KM player, Winamp, QuickTime®, Mplayer, iTunes®, Adobe Flash Player®, Real Player, etc. Follow the given steps to fix video lag, stutter or glitches.
1. Download, install and run Stellar Repair for Video.
2. Click Add File and browse to add corrupt or unplayable video.
Figure: Add file from the interface
3. Click Repair to fix the added videos. The repairing process starts.
Figure: Repair corrupt videos screen
4. Click Save Repaired File to save the videos at your desired location. You can also Preview the repaired videos before saving.
Figure: Save Repaired File screen
Videos are undoubtedly an essential part of your digital lives, and you cannot let them go away simply due to glitches, lagging or stuttering or other issues like corruption or bad resolution. Therefore, to help you with fixing these issues, we have mentioned all the effective methods above in this post. However, it is recommended that rather than performing any hit and trial method, you must always choose a powerful video repair tool like Stellar Repair for Video. This DIY software can get back all your favorite videos in few simple steps.
Drop us your suggestion or queries (if any) in the comment section below!