Summary:The blog describes the procedure torecover SQL Server Database without backupin a quick and risk-free manner, by using a specializedSQL database recovery softwaresuch as Stellar Repair for MS SQL.Download the software from the below link and recover the SQL Server database from backup.
It goes without saying that backup is essential for safeguarding critical data stored in SQL Server databases.
Data loss can occur anytime due to several known and unknown reasons. Many tables and other components of the database can turn unreadable without any prior notification or alerts. And a recent, good known backup copy of the SQL Server Database can help restore the deleted and lost database back to its original state. That is why administrators always recommend backing up databases on a regular basis.
In case you do not have a backup of the database (MDF and NDF) files available or the backup is corrupt, it can be difficult to recover SQL Server database and its deleted or inaccessible data.
The software can help recover unreadable database objects from corrupt SQL database MDF and NDF files.
Steps to Recover SQL Database with Stellar Repair for MS SQL Software
Note: Back up the SQL Server database before initiating the MS SQL server database recovery procedure. Also, ensure that the repair process is executed on the backup file and not the original database file.
Step 1: Download, install and run Stellar Repair for MS SQL software.
Step 2: In the software main interface window, click Browse to select the database file you want to recover.
Note: If you do not know the location of your db file, click ‘Search’ to find and select the file.
Step 3: Once the file is selected, select Repair to initiate the repair and recovery process.
Step 4: When the repair process is successfully completed, the software will display all the recoverable items including Tables, Defaults, Views, Data Types, Synonyms, etc. in a tree-like structure in the left pane. Click on an individual object to view its content in the right pane.
Note: The checkboxes associated with each database object is selected by default in the Preview window. However, you can choose to save all or specific db objects.
Step 5: For saving the database file, click the Save on File menu or click on the Save button on Quick Access Toolbar to restore SQL server database without backup file.
Step 6: In the Save Database window that appears, select MDF option under Save As section.
Step 7: Next, under Saving Option, chose any of these options:
New Database: Select this option, if you want to save the recovered data to a new database
Live Database: Select this option, if you want to save the recovered data to the existing database
To save the recovered objects to the New Database, follow the below steps:
Click the New Database radio button.
Provide Server/Instance Name, and then select a destination path for saving the recovered SQL database objects.
Click Save to save the repaired MS SQL database file.
4. After the process is completed successfully, a message will appear stating ‘File saved at the desired path’. Click OK to proceed further.
5. The software will save the database as New Database. See the image below:
To save the recovered objects to the Live Database, follow the steps below:
Click on Live Database radio button.
Provide Server/Instance Name.
Next, select a file from the Existing Database drop-down list into which you want to save the recovered database objects
Choose Save for saving the repaired db file.
Once the repair process is completed, you will receive “File saved at the desired path” message. Click OK.
6. The software will save the database as a Live Database. See the image below:
Read, what Microsoft MVPs says about the software
Key Benefits of the Software
1. Batch Repair Multiple Database Tables at Once: SQL Server Database Repair software allows saving multiple database tables simultaneously. This saves time as well as efforts, and the entire recovery process is accomplished in a seamless manner.
2. Multiple File Saving Options: Allows saving the repaired objects into multiple file formats. Therefore, after recovery, the database files can be accessed using independent applications. When stored in HTML, CSV, and XLS file formats, the data can be previewed without connecting to the SQL Server.
3. Generates Log Report: The tool will generate a log report of the repair process. This log report contains information about each and every single procedure being performed on the database. The log report can be stored for the purpose of future reference.
In this post, we have discussed the procedure on ‘how to recover deleted database in SQL Server’ without backupby using Stellar SQL File Recovery software. When using the software, keep these points into consideration:
1. Application auto-checks the SQL Server version: however, if the file is severely corrupted, you can select the SQL Server edition manually under “Select Database Versions” section. If the selected version of the Server database file is invalid, the tool will display “Invalid database version, Select the appropriate database version” message.
2. It is important to select an accurate database version for the selected file to proceed further with the SQL Server database repair process.