Outlook PST is default file format to store Outlook mailbox data. Such files are stored on the user's local system and contain user mailboxes including messages, contacts, calendar entries, etc. However, such PST files need to be safe and free from any sort of errors. In order to maintain safety and security, most of us apply password to such PST files. Using a password is a safe practise; however, it does not guarantee any safety from corruption, virus attack, or other similar situations. A PST even gets corrupt if it gets oversized. A severe corruption can lead to deletion of important emails and other data from the user mailboxes.
To overcome such situations, you can make use of the ‘Inbox Repair Tool’ of the Outlook. It is an inbuilt utility to repair corrupt PST file and restores user mailboxes including messages, attachments, notes, tasks, etc. in its original format. However, the tool might not be helpful in case of severely damaged data. In such cases, it is always better to use a professional repair software like Stellar Phoenix Outlook PST Repair. The software easily recovers deleted mail items from the encrypted PST files. In addition, it can also recover data from PST files that are not password protected, without causing any further damage to the data.
You need to follow the below mentioned steps to repair a password-protected corrupt PST file.
1. Launch ‘Stellar Phoenix Outlook PST Repair’ software.
2. A 'Select Outlook Mailbox' dialog box appears.
3. Click ‘Select Outlook File’ option, if you know the location of the PST file.
4. In case the location is unknown, click ‘Find Outlook File’ button to search your PST file. Browse to the drive/folder to select the PST file.
5. Click the ‘Start’ button to start the scanning of this selected PST file as shown below.