Videos are most widely used in both personal and professional life. Almost all of you use it on regular basis to capture special moments. However, like other media files, videos are also prone to issues leading to damage, corruption, or inaccessibility.
Looking forward to a solution to fix ‘Black Screen‘ Video error, here is a comprehensive problem-solving guide for you to deal with this issue. This guided approach is going to serve you with sound knowledge of manual approaches as well as software approach.
What are the possible Reasons and Fixes for this issue?
Broadly speaking, this error can be due to two major reasons:
- Missing codec
- Outdated Video Driver
How to Fix ‘Black Screen’ Issue?
The cause of ‘Black Screen’ can be due to compression issues or read/write errors or file format changes or corruption or virus attack etc. In all these situations, a world’s best video repair software like Stellar Repair for Video can only work like wonders.
Solution 2: Reduce Video Card Hardware Acceleration
- Right-click on Desktop
- Select Personalize
- Next, choose Display Settings
- Under this, select Advanced Settings
- Now, switch to Troubleshoot tab
- Next, choose Change Settings followed by clicking on Reduce Hardware Acceleration
Solution 3: Reinstall Media Player
- Press X key + Windows
- Select Programs and Features option
- Now, under right-side pane, click Turn Windows features on or off option
- Next, go to Media Features and unmark Windows Media Player to uninstall it.
- Next, click OK, and just close Programs and Features
- Lastly, to reinstall, repeat steps 1 to 4 ( Make sure to checkmark Windows Media Player)
Solution 4: Uninstall and install the Driver
- Go to Device Manager and launch it
- Open the Node for the device that you wish to uninstall
- Right-Click on this specific device entry
- On Shortcut menu, select Uninstall option
- Confirmation window pop up confirms the action
- Here, Click Ok
- Next, Reinstall
Note: Always download the latest driver prior deleting. Plus, make sure to create a System Restore point. If you are facing any other video related issue please read 5 common video errors and its solution.
Video turning black is nothing new. It is a common occurrence, and when it happens, it creates uneasiness. But, now with afore-stated solutions, you can quickly fix it. Further, if you still have any query, feel free to connect with us via the comment section.