While installing Windows, I accidentally formatted the drive and then installed Windows. How can I recover the formatted data with Stellar Data Recovery?

January 3, 2020     31072 views     0     0

Download Window Data Recovery- Home

If you have formatted your drive and then installed Windows, it seems that you have lost all your volumes. You can recover all your lost volumes using Stellar Data Recovery. The partition that has been overwritten by operating system files can be only partially recovered. To recover data from formatted drive, follow the given procedure:

• Run Stellar Windows Data Recovery software and click on “All data” then next to recover data from formatted hard drive.
  • After this you will Select Location option in software interface just choose the 'Can’t Find Drive' option and click on Scan button.

Can't find drive

• In the 'Select Hard Drive to Search Lost Volumes' section, choose the hard drive to be scanned for lost logical volumes and click on Search option.
  • Once the drive scan is finished, the software lists all the found volumes in the 'Partition Found' section. You can select the volumes from here and perform recovery using Scan button.

Watch the helpful Video below

Richard
March 11, 2013 06:48 pm

I performed a windows system recovery, without backing up my files. This appeared to return the laptop to its original factory set up.

After performing a Stellar advance scan, I can see many of my files listed, but when I click on the file - I only a series of letters and numbers appearing in the profile.

This is the same for documents and photos....

Is this correct? or should I see the document content?

cheers
Rich

March 13, 2013 10:58 am

"Dear Rich,

File were showing you the hex information because of various factors like File is being damaged, Advance scan scans the drive and found files in partially raw situation, the file size were too big to be shown in preview section.

It would be great if you could take a screen shots of your scan results and mail it to us. You can also use different cloud hosting sites to host image and give us the link.

I'd recommend you to go for recovery for any selected set of files and see if the recovered files are in good condition. If so, you should recover all your files without any fear.

Good Luck!!!"

Priya jain
September 8, 2019 04:52 pm

Can we recover data from format hard drive and it is properly recovered or not..?

stellar support
September 9, 2019 11:09 am

We would like to inform you that we have sent an email to your email address regarding for the same.

Saravanaa
September 30, 2019 10:17 pm

Today I wrongly selected the partition for windows 10 installation. So the the existing data in the drive was formatted and fresh win 10 installed. Can I able to recover the data
Looking forward from you very eagerly

October 1, 2019 09:52 am

Saravanaa
September 30, 2019 10:17 pm

Looking forward from you very eagerly

Jericho Shauf
October 3, 2019 09:29 pm

Hello, is it still possible to retrieve all data from an SSHD that i accidentally formatted using the SEAGATE disc wizard? It was formatted as a Master boot but it doesn't show up on my computer unless i go to disk management, it shows as an unallocated disk.

Please. It has files that i have been saving for years. All the important documents and videos, everything.

please

October 4, 2019 02:16 am

sahil
October 10, 2019 05:00 am

I have deleted accidentally my data from the disk while installing windows 10, so is it possible to recover all data in previous condition.

Stellar support
October 10, 2019 07:19 am

Purval Thote
October 29, 2019 06:53 pm

I was trying to install Ubuntu Linux on my laptop along with windows 8 but accidently removed the volume partition. What should I do to recover all my college data along with family photos.?? Please help me out.

Purval Thote
October 29, 2019 06:56 pm

October 30, 2019 04:33 am

October 30, 2019 05:06 am

frisky
October 29, 2019 07:12 pm

hello
my hard disk got failed to work i have it to my friend to sort out the issue he accidentally formatted my hard disk...it has nothing in it can i get my data back

October 30, 2019 05:35 am

Sachin Kumar Ben
November 2, 2019 03:07 am

I was trying to install Winows 7 on my laptop along with windows 10 but accidently removed the volume partition. What should I do to recover all my college data along with family photos.?? Please help me out.

November 4, 2019 03:49 am

Justice
November 8, 2019 04:02 pm

Hi, I accidentally formatted my hard drive instead of formatting just the C drive. I want to recover the data on the D drive. How do I recover using Stella data recovery.

Abdul Majid
November 8, 2019 06:13 pm

Dear Justice,

Thank you for writing to Stellar Data Recovery.

We recommend you to try the demo version of Stellar Data Recovery Standard version from the below mentioned link:

After installing the software, please choose "Can't Find Drive" option on 'Select Location' window. This option will show you the hard drives connected to the system. Please select the drive and click on 'Search' button.

The above procedure will provide you the list of volumes that have been created on your drive. Please choose the appropriate volume to start the scan.

Please reply to us on support@stellarinfo.com for any further query. We will be glad to assist you in the best possible manner.

Obi Chukwunonso
November 11, 2019 02:18 pm

I formatted my system and ran a new windows 10 OS on it. Could I retrieve the lost files from it as I have saved new files on the system still

November 12, 2019 02:33 am

As per the information provided by you, we have found that there is an overwritten activity performed in the drive due to which there is a less chance to recover the lost files. However, we suggest you to try the demo version of Stellar Data Recovery for Windows application through which you will get to know the possibility of recovery. You may download it from the below link:

In case you need any assistance we suggest you to contact our support team by using the below link:

--------

Ashbin Gurung
December 25, 2019 09:13 am

Today I wrongly selected the partition for windows 7 installation. So the the existing data in the drive was formatted and fresh win 7 installed. Can I able to recover the data
Looking forward from you very eagerly

December 25, 2019 05:15 pm

Yes, the recovery would be possible from the partition. We suggest you to try the demo version of Stellar Data Recovery for Windows application. The demo version will let you the possibility of recovery. You may download it from the below link:

--------

HASANAT AHMED
January 6, 2020 06:07 pm

Hi..!
i have accendently formated other partition for installing Windows 10. After installing that I came to know that I have formatted the other drive.
So can I revive that as its highly important for me.. :(
Regards.

Abdul Majid
January 7, 2020 04:03 pm

Dear Hasanat,

Thank you for showing your interest in Stellar Data Recovery software.

Stellar Data Recovery Professional for Windows software can recover the data from formatted drive. We have already shared the download link of the software on your email.

Please install the software then choose 'Can't Find Drive' option to perform the scan and to check the possibility of recovery.