What You Should Do When Recovered Files Do Not Open?

October 31, 2018     83431 views     0     2

‘File Corruption’ and ‘File Loss’ – both the scenarios are different from one another though. However, corruption in files very often leads to files loss. In other words, corruption leads to loss when ignored and you eventually have to suffer from the loss of crucial information. People say lost files’ recovery is feasible today.

I do agree, but what if the lost files were corrupt? Would the recovery software retrieve lost files with no corruption or like effects? Yes, the data recovery software can recover the corrupted lost files but those files accessibility and non-accessibility totally depend on the efficiency of the recovery software. Lost data recovery possibility is up to 100 percent but no recovery software guarantees that the recovered files will be corruption free.

Data Recovery with Professional Software

When it comes to recovering lost or deleted files, Stellar Data Recovery is the leader and it has the capability to recover lost or deleted files on Windows-based systems. However, the hard drive must not be overwritten (or not used for further storage) after the data loss event took place. Likewise, disk defragment prevents data recovery if performed recently after the event caused.

Is your Recovered Files are in Corrupted Format?
Many files recovered with professional data recovery software fail to open; you must have seen such an event while opening JPEG or JPG images after recovery (see the screenshot below).

As you can see in the screenshot above, Windows Photo Viewer fails to display the preview of a recently recovered .jpg image. In fact, it usually happens and users think that the recovery software is not efficient. Well, this does not give the evidence to prove the inefficiency of the recovery software, but it state that the file was already corrupt or damaged when lost.

Moreover, this is not the only scenario showing recovered files do fail to open sometimes, but recovered audio and video files, word document, and many more are there, which also fail to open occasionally. For instance, while working in Word in your office, you computer goes power out all of a sudden. When you turn it on, you see that Word file is not showing at the location where you saved it. Since the document was essential, you download a data recovery application and recover it successfully. However, MS Word fails to open it and throws error message shown below.

In such a situation, you have no option left but to create a new Word document and start working from the beginning. This does not highlight the inefficiency of Stellar Data Recovery tool or any other recovery software used. In contrast, this introduces corruption that bothered the Word file before it disappeared from its location on your computer.

Why do Recovered Files Fail to Open Sometimes
The primary cause behind a file not opening and throwing errors every time is corruption that can be either in the file header or in the file data. Ultimately, the recovered file is corrupt and not opening. This might also be due to virus or malware infections that eat up the information in the header necessary for the files to open.

Avoiding and Troubleshooting Corruption
Files not opening and throwing error while opening are the symptoms of corruption in those files and it ultimately causes inaccessible files and data. One of the most significant ways to avoid corruption in the files due to virus or malware infections is to install an efficient and reliable antivirus on your computer. In addition, make sure you install every necessary update whenever released.

In order to troubleshoot corruption in the recovered files, you can use respective file repairing tools and rescue your crucial data. As a precautionary step, you can save a backup copy of each crucial file and use it instead of the original one whenever required.

vasu
October 16, 2017 01:39 pm

my harddisk data is recover in exel,msword,&pdf; is
not opening which problem

Augustine
December 27, 2017 09:54 am

I disagree with this. The files weren't corrupted before accidental formatting but they were recovered corrupted. This isn't useful. Evidence of this is I had one or 2 backed up elsewhere nd they're not corrupted and they played fine before accidental formatting of the drive. Feel like I wasted my time and money.

Mitchell
January 23, 2018 03:06 pm

My files were not corrupted, I'm on a mac and we don't get viruses. This recovery didn't recover anything I can open. I waited 2 hours for it to do its scanning and got files that were empty and files I couldn't open. It's a waste of $99, it's ineffective and deceptive.

IT Guy
June 14, 2019 05:38 pm

Old comment I know but LOL, (not at their loss but for the ignorance)

First of all, corruption can be caused by viruses but they are not the same thing, this is really like saying "I don't have a crack in my wall because we don't get earthquakes where I live". Well the crack could be there for any number of reasons and your files could be corrupted for many reasons too.

Also Mac is not as secure as everyone says, saying "we don't get viruses" full stop is irresponsible and encourages false sense of security.

Rant over.

Mitchell
January 23, 2018 03:07 pm

Mitchell
January 23, 2018 03:07 pm

Agbaoku Isaiah
October 13, 2018 12:59 pm

Hello I created an recovery image file using the advance option to select which sector but after it finished I tried to scan for files instead it started scanning image and lost partition which was not meant to be according to the help instructions how to I recover files in the .img file stellar Phoenix Windows Data recovery software created.

October 15, 2018 05:47 am

We would like to inform you that we have sent an email to your email address regarding for the same.

Joe Gerber
March 16, 2019 03:36 pm

The scan recovered a video file I want to open, but I get a message saying I don't have an application to open that type of file. What applications will open it?

March 18, 2019 06:54 am

stanley
March 31, 2019 12:13 am

April 1, 2019 05:46 am

Patrick Limon
April 5, 2019 06:37 pm

I paid 200 USD for the technician version, it did recover the files all of them are unable to open i tried the video and pictures repair did not repair anything, and the response from support was what you see in the preview is what you get, witch is shit.
and they said you money guarantied, No refund, I just want my money back, but that will not happen what a scam.

Stellar support
April 5, 2019 08:18 pm

max
April 19, 2019 01:51 pm

complete waste of money! deleted video files off my sd card accidentally, bought the software , ran it, found all files, and non of them play. i viewed them right before deleting them and they were all fine. so, i am wondering about the 100% satisfaction garantee...

April 20, 2019 09:14 am

GIFT CHIGUDU
April 30, 2019 06:47 am

i purchsed the stella data recovery software and successfully recovered all my files but i cant open any of the file. Files were not corrupt upon deleted. Kindly assist

Stellar support
April 30, 2019 12:13 pm

Caspar
May 9, 2019 03:12 pm

My files were not corrupted before formatting my external hard drive, I paid $100AUD for this program and none of the files I have recovered are openable, what is the point?! Video, PDF, Word documents, photos many are 'recovered' but none are working. I've been scammed.

May 9, 2019 06:55 pm

Santosh
May 14, 2019 09:44 pm

I was able to view the files in preview while the scan was in progress. But after recovery none of the files are opening. I am sure that files were not corrupted earlier and Not all the 1 TB of files can get corrupted on recovery. Please advise immediately.

May 15, 2019 07:09 am

Shawn
May 15, 2019 03:20 am

Very Disappointed in this software. Not all files were recovered but all recovered files are now unreadable. Seems to be a consistent thread here. How do I invoke the 100% satisfaction guarantee?

May 15, 2019 10:58 am

David Palmer
May 19, 2019 07:33 pm

After making a recovery .dmg this now cannot be opened or scanned. I am using the professional version and am in urgent need of assistance to recover data.

May 20, 2019 11:15 am

Ran
May 20, 2019 11:14 am

I spent hundred dollars to use the Professional version to recover my accidentally deleted data in my hard drive. it seems the words, excel and other document can be opened, but none of the photo /picture can be view. the size recovered seems reasonable, but all of them cannot open (jpg format). it seems waste money. It said "we dont support this file format", no matter what photo viewer or photoshop app, no applications can open them. Dads!

May 20, 2019 05:39 pm

Keenan.S
May 23, 2019 05:38 am

Waste of money, paid R150 for this application that does not allow me to open recovered pics and videos as my videos were working fine before they were lost. Application is unreliable.

May 23, 2019 08:16 am

AMI
May 26, 2019 12:01 pm

Hi, I bought the stella data recovery software and successfully recovered all my files but i cant open any of the file either JPEG, PDF and all of them and its cost US79. Kindly assist ASAP.

May 28, 2019 07:44 am

Angie
May 30, 2019 07:03 pm

Same problem as everyone else. I have a Mac and none of my recovered files will open or repair. The videos all show a .flc with QuickTime player icon. But repair throws an error. Downloaded QuickTime 7 after reading a thread to see what might help and it says they aren’t even videos. Definitely feel like I should get a refund since there isn’t even one useable thing retrieved.

May 31, 2019 08:29 am

Ben
June 6, 2019 06:20 am

same issue as everyone else movie and jpeg files were not corrupted before I lost them stellar has found the files but I cannot open any of the files in hfs+ folders... only files in exFAT folder are working ?....stellar you should have the solution posted on this page....awaiting reply...If this doesn't work I would like my money back

June 6, 2019 08:52 am

Max
June 8, 2019 12:40 pm

I have the exact same issue. "Successfully" recovered my files, but now I'm unable to play the videos... This software seems to be a total scam!

Maria Roberts
June 9, 2019 03:06 am

Same problem as everyone else. I had over 300GB of data that I found. I cried I was so happy there was finally a solution. Upon selecting 'recovery' they were all placed in a file named #root and nothing opens and they are all 0kb of data. Now it says the drive has 0.0kb on it and won't even scan the missing partition that it was doing prior. Please I hope you have a solution, because so far as I can tell the program deleted all of my data completely.

June 10, 2019 04:29 am

Niko
June 19, 2019 03:09 am

June 19, 2019 07:09 am

Niko
June 19, 2019 03:16 am

CD
July 3, 2019 03:27 am

Recovered a lightroom file which should be 1.3 GB in size, but when it "recovers its only 33 mb, and says it cant be opened. Need to recover the full file. Feeling a bit scammed here.

July 3, 2019 07:13 am

Julie
July 17, 2019 04:13 pm

Accidentally formatted a drive and was amazed that this found everything. Unfortunately like everyone else not one file will open 610,966 files are corrupt!!!
Waste of money and time!

Stellar support
July 17, 2019 08:38 pm

Ali irtiza
July 22, 2019 07:38 am

Recover files with one day processing time cant play is that all our money worth.

Stellar support
July 22, 2019 03:14 pm

CJ
August 7, 2019 12:41 pm

Same old story.

-Finds a tonne of recovered files.
-Get hopes up.
-All completely unreadable by any software imaginable.

Are you just scammers preying on the emotional feelings associated with lost photos and videos?

August 7, 2019 01:38 pm

Emile
August 13, 2019 01:30 pm

Hi, I have recovered my files with Stellar Data Recovery and non of the recovered files open and they all seem to be corrupted. What is the point of this software if it doesn't work. Not one file was able to be recovered of an entire SSD. I WOULD LIKE MY MONEY BACK

August 13, 2019 03:18 pm

raexsyaf
August 17, 2019 02:49 am

same problem.
after the activation code problem issue resolved, i've spent much time for recovery and the result is really unsatisfying, the recovered data was unreadable.

August 19, 2019 07:42 am

NC
August 25, 2019 04:58 am

I was able to recover 600gb of data and about 20% of it actually works! All the files that don't open (corrupt) have the original file sizes so I'm curious if something went wrong when those files were recovered? I need some assistance to see if there are other solutions.

August 26, 2019 05:49 am

Rob
September 16, 2019 01:30 am

As with many of the users above....

I have recovered my files with Stellar Data Recovery Premium and none of the recovered files open and they all seem to be corrupted. What is the point of this software if it doesn't work. Not one file was able to be recovered of an entire HDD. I WOULD LIKE MY MONEY BACK

September 16, 2019 10:37 am