How to convert a DBX to PST file?

December 13, 2017     14863 views     0     0

Stellar DBX To PST Converter is tailored to easily accomplish the task of migrating from Outlook Express mail client to MS Outlook using a much simplified approach. The software safely scans your DBX file to extract valuable emails and then converts these messages into Outlook PST format. You can move the converted mail items to a new PST or append the same to an existing PST file.

The software allows you to convert a single DBX file or the main Identity Folder containing multiple DBXs. You also have the privilege to save your converted mail data as distinct EML files that can be later imported into Windows Live Mail.

How to Convert DBX to PST file using Stellar

• Open Stellar Converter for DBX. You will see the main interface along with the tab for type of conversion “Convert DBX to PST” and “Convert WAB to PST”
  • Select Convert DBX to PST from the main interface. From the dialog box Select DBX file, click 'Select DBX' to select a single DBX file or click 'Select Mailbox' to select entire mailbox containing multiple DBX files.

• You can also click on Find DBX in the same dialog box to search for DBX files in a ‘specific drive’ in your system. Specify the ‘drive’ to be scanned, the desired file type, and click Start to initiate the search process. You may include subfolders in your search by selecting the 'Search Subfolders' checkbox.

• After selecting the DBX file, click on Start Conversion in the same dialog-box to begin the scan process.
  • When a scan is finished, all the converted mail items are listed in the left pane of the interface. Select the mail folder and then the desired item to see its preview in the bottom-right pane.

• Click 'Save’ icon on the toolbar to save all converted mails. Choose to save your mails in new PST or append this data to an existing PST. You also have the choice to save individual mails as EML files that can be easily accessed by importing them into MS Outlook.

• After the mails are saved in the specified folder receive a message saying 'Data Converted Successfully'. Click on given link to view the converted data.
Updated on March 2017

The recently upgraded software version is more dynamic as it supports the following:

Here are details about the software specifications:
  • Outlook 2016 along with 2013, 2010, & 2007
  • Windows 10 in addition to Windows 8.1, 8, 7, & Vista

Additionally, the software also provides Office 365 support.

Dona
July 18, 2013 03:57 am

I am trying to convert my old outlook express dbx files to outlook pst. It going through conversion and when I click SAVE, it works 1 to 2 seconds and then stops. Windows screen pops up stating Stellar dbx to Pst conversion has stopped responding. Close program. I have selected a mailbox, a single folder and a single email. But it does the same thing. I am saving it to desktop in separate folders, saving to outlook 2013. Nothing works! Please tell me how I can fix this problem! I purchased this tonight to get my information switched over ASAP. Thank you in advance for any help you can give me!

July 18, 2013 10:33 am

After reading your issue, I observed that you are trying to convert your dbx file on the system that is having Outlook 2013 installed. Stellar DBX to PST does not support Outlook 2013. But you can use this software in Outlook 2010, 2007, 2003 & then import your PST file into Outlook 2013.

Susan
January 9, 2014 09:30 pm

Are there any plans to support Outlook 2013? I just bought the converter, but it's useless to me because I am using Office 2013. Why can't it do the conversion to 2010 format, so I can import it to 2013?

Shay Meyer
February 10, 2014 02:54 pm

I have the same problem.
I do not understand your explanation.
If Outlook 2013 is not supported, the problem should appear when I try to import the
PST file into Outlook 2013, and not when I am trying to convert a DBX file to PST.

February 13, 2014 05:18 am

Dear Shay,

Greetings from Stellar Online support system!!

Outlook 2013 is currently not supported by this program and We've seriously no idea about what you exactly trying to know.
Nevertheless, if you could please brief your problem, we'll surely help you.

Looking forward for your reply.

May 21, 2015 06:24 am

Greetings from Stellar Online Support Team!!

This is to inform all the users that we are now supporting Outlook 2013.

Thanks!!

Peter
November 17, 2015 09:31 am

I am trying to get this program working under Windows 10Pro, but it doesn't exctract any mails in dbx files which do comntain mails. I have tried administrator rights too

November 20, 2015 04:31 am

Hi Peter,

Thanks for writing. We would help you in this matter.

I would request you to try to do the conversion once again. Along, please share that which version of Outlook you are using? It may be possible if you are not importing converted .pst file properly. So, please share the pst importing method as well.

Also make sure that DBX file which you are trying to import is not corrupt. If it is corrupt, you need to repair your corrupt Outlook Express (.DBX) file, only afterwards you can convert it into importable PST file.

Still, if you facing any difficulty, you can send us the DBX file.