How to convert mailboxes stored in MBOX files of various email clients to Outlook PST

November 30, 2017     15402 views     0     0

Stellar MBOX to PST Converter is a useful utility to help users in migrating to MS Outlook by converting the MBOX files of their email clients into equivalent PST files. With this utility, you can convert mailboxes of Eudora, PocoMail, AppleMail, Thunderbird, Spicebird, and Entourage email clients to easily importable Outlook PST files. The software is easy to use and converts MBOX to PST in few easy steps as below:

Steps to Convert MBOX to PST:

1. Launch Stellar MBOX to PST Converter software and from the main interface; choose the required email client for conversion.

2. The software opens the Select File/Folder dialog box. If you know the location of the MBOX file, select the desired MBOX file from its location by clicking the Select File button. If the exact location of the required MBOX file is unknown, then click the Find File button to search all such files in a specified volume, folder, or sub-folder. You can also click the Select Identity Folder button to convert all MBOX files inside the identity folder at-a-time.

3. On clicking the Find File button, the software opens the Find File dialog box. Provide the file type and the desired volume to be scanned and click Start to list all MBOX, MBX, MacMBOX, and Apple Mail files found in the selected volume. Select the desired file and click the Convert button to start the conversion process.

4.  After a successful conversion, all converted mail items get listed as a tree structure in the left-hand side pane of the interface. You can select the mail folder from the right pane, click the mail item from the top right pane and see the preview.

5. Check-mark the required mail items from the left-hand side tree and click the Save Mails button on the toolbar to save them. Here, the software provides options to save the converted mail items as a new PST file or append to an existing PST file. Choose the option as per your requirement and specify the destination location for saving the PST file.

6. After successful completion of the saving operation, the software shows a dialog box with the message Selected file(s) saved successfully as in the below screen shot.

Steve Mehring
December 10, 2013 11:13 am

The process is straightforward, however it isn't working for me. I get hung up at "saving mail" and the program crashes. I've tried several variations, all ending up with failure.

Christophe
December 15, 2013 06:56 am

I run the software and the operation ran well for the first two MBOX in my file directory and I was unable to recover the rest of my files.

christophe

December 16, 2013 11:08 am

Hi christophe,

The software neither recover corrupt MBOX files nor convert corrupt MBOX files. This software specially designed to convert MBOX file in to PST file format.

Thanks!!

Kevin Jones
February 5, 2014 12:52 am

Program gets hung up on "saving mail" and crashes. I've checked the install as well as the hardware requirements - that is not where the problem is.

February 6, 2014 02:36 am

Hi Kevin,

Sorry for the inconvenience!!

I'd recommend you to uninstall and reinstall the application back again. This might address the trouble you're facing and after then, allows you to save mail without crashing.

Let us know if the issue still persists!!

Amer
March 3, 2014 01:15 pm

I tried convert MBOX file to PST file but it hangs up!! the Windows stops working and responding everytime I want to convert to PST file. knowing that the file size I have is nearly 1 GB.

What is the issue? Why it happened like that.. Need solution ASAP

March 6, 2014 09:26 am

Hi Amer.

Please remove the application and install it back again. The software is capable to convert files of 1 GB or more, so clearly it's not the problem.

However, post back again if the issue still persists.

Ken Evans
March 6, 2014 11:25 am

Hello Amit,
Will the program convert from google apps mbox file to outlook pst? I have tried several of the options. Also created mbox from my apple mail program with no luck. Thank you for any help!

March 7, 2014 04:02 am

Hi Ken,

The program won't support Google Apps MBOX files. You can find a list of all the 17 email clients that our program currently support, given on the URL below:

Thank you!!

Andrew Burt
July 7, 2014 06:38 pm

I get the following error....

Check!
Make sure PhoenixDll.dll is properley registered.

July 9, 2014 09:14 am

Hi Andrew,

Which version of Microsoft office you are using - 32-Bit or 64-Bit?

Thanks!!

Cal
October 11, 2014 04:27 pm

The conversion from Netscape email works fine, I can view all the converted folders and email within the folders, select "Save" and it prompts for the save location, a file called "Outlook" is created and is 265k in size. When I go into Outlook 2007 and import the .PST file, nothing is being imported.

October 13, 2014 05:54 am

Dear Cal,

The software is working fine as it is showing you all the converted folders and email within the folders. But as mentioned by you size of converted PST file is only 265 KB which is too small than the expected size of converted PST file. So, kindly initiate the whole conversion process again.

Also, make sure that MS Outlook application is not running at the time of conversion so that any kind of conflict can be avoided. Along with that, please save the converted file as the new PST file and afterwards import it into Outlook.

Please revert back if problem still persist.

MM
November 16, 2015 04:52 am

I am trying to convert my old Netscape files to PST. It recognizes the data, but when I convert it, I get an outlook file that is just 256K in size. It looks like I have the same issue as your user "Cal" had. I am not running Outlook when I am doing it. Please advise. Thanks.

November 20, 2015 04:27 am

Hi MM,

Thanks for writing.

As our software supports conversion of Netscape file into PST, so there should be no problem in conversion. I would request you to please try to run the complete conversion process once again. If still you are facing any problem, you can send us your Netscape file, we will look into the matter and will do the needful for you.

Winston Wardle
December 13, 2015 09:48 pm

I am receiving the following error message when attempting to save the successfully converted dbx files:

Check!
Make sure PhoenixDll.dll is properly registered.

I have tried manually registering PhoenixDll.dll using regsvr32; it registers successfully but does not fix the problem.

I am running 64 bit windows with 64 bit office.

December 14, 2015 09:53 am

Hi Winston Wardle,

Sorry for the inconvenience!!

Please let us know your Office version (i.e. Office 2010 or Office 2013 or Office 2016) as well Windows OS version.

Simon
November 1, 2017 12:57 am

I got that error cause i didnt have outlook installed

November 1, 2017 04:42 am

We would like to inform you that Microsoft Outlook 2016, 2013, 2010, 2007, and 2003 should be configured on the system where the Stellar software is installed. This is a minimum system requirement.

Ankit
November 6, 2017 11:13 am

In this case, MS Outlook needs to be installed and configured on the computer system.