For the advanced users, Stellar Phoenix Photo Recovery software provides the option of Advance Scan. Through this option, you can perform selective recovery of your required photos, videos, and music files. As well as, you can select a specific region of your hard disk volume, to scan. Thus, the software saves your extra time that is needed to scan your complete storage media for recovery.
Advance scan option provided the following features:
- You can select range of your hard disk volumes or other external storage media attached to your computer.
- To select the specific file type, you can use File List option of the software.
- To select the specific region for scanning and recovering your valuable photos, videos, and other multimedia files.
Steps to Select Range of the hard disk volume or other external storage media:
- Open Stellar Phoenix Photo Recovery software. Click on 'Recover Photo, Audio & Video' then Start Scan. Now select the drive or other storage media from the list of provided at the interface of the software. Click Advanced Setting button provided at the bottom of the interface.
- In the Advanced Setting dialogue box, go to Select Range tab.
- Now drag the sliders to define the starting and ending sectors. However, you can also type the starting and the ending sector number in the starting and the ending sector text boxes provided. In addition, you can also select different file types for scanning.
- Click on icon to begin scanning the media.
- After the scanning of the specific region, all the scanned files are listed according to their file types. Therefore, in the left pane, all the folders containing specific files such as Audio files, Image files are grouped. While in the lower right pane the files contained in a specific folder are listed. You can click either of the two panes (i.e. right or left) to see the preview of any scanned file at the upper right pane of the interface.
- To save all files, click Select All and then Recover.
- To save individual files, Check the required file name text boxes and click Recover
Steps to recover specific folder and files:
- Select your required folder by checking the checkbox provided opposite to it and click Recover.
- Specify the location of the selected files in the Browse For Folder dialogue box. Click OK. Thus, all the files are saved at the specified location according to their file types.
To select specific file types for their scanning and recovery:
Under the scan recovery option of the software, a user can select specific file type and region for scanning. For example, if you have checked the checkbox against JPEG image files in the file list of Advance Option dialogue box, then the software will scan and recover only JPEG files. In addition, you can select the region where these JPEG files are located. Thus, the software will search the JPEG files in this specific region despite the entire volume of hard disk or other storage media.
Steps for the whole process are described below:
To select specific file types for recovery:
- After selecting Advance Setting of Stellar Phoenix Photo Recovery Software, select File List tab. Under this tab all the file types are listed.
- Select your required file types by checking the check boxes of file names.
To select the specific region for recovery:
- Start the software and click on 'Recover Photo, Audio & Video' then Start Scan.
- Now on the Select Media for Photo Recovery screen, select the hard disk volume or other attached storage media. Click Advance Option. In the Advanced Option, dialogue box select Select Range tab.
- Drag the sliders to give the starting and ending sectors. However, you can also define the starting and ending sectors in their specified text boxes. Click -Start Scan.
Therefore, above-defined options help you to minimize the scanning and recovery time of your lost photos, videos, and music files.