A primary requisite for repairing a QuickBooks® company file using Stellar Phoenix Recovery for QuickBooks® Software is a new blank company file created in the same version of QuickBooks® as that of your corrupt QuickBooks® database. All the data recovered from your database will be saved in this newly created company file.
You only need to provide a few details about your company when making a blank target QuickBooks® file. The rest of the file properties will be copied over to the target database along with the data after completion of the repair process. So, you do not require setting these properties manually beforehand. In order to create a blank Target QuickBooks® file, follow the given procedure:
- Start the QuickBooks® program.
- Go to 'File' and select 'New Company'. This launches the 'EasyStep Interview' wizard.
- When you click the 'Skip Interview' button on this wizard, the 'Enter your company information' window shows up.
- Provide your company details and click 'Next'.
- Specify the organization type, and then click 'Next'.
- Specify the month that indicates start of the company's fiscal year. Click 'Next'.
- Choose your industry type and then, click 'Next'.
- Click 'Finish'.
- Provide a desired name for the new company file and specify a destination to save this file. Click 'Save'.