As it is necessary to create blank QuickBooks (QBW) file to save recovered data using Stellar Repair for QuickBooks Software, here know the steps to create new and empty QBW file in 'QuickBooks®' accounting software. The steps are as follows:
- Open 'QuickBooks®' application installed on your system
- Click 'File' menu and select ‘New Company' in QuickBooks
- The QuickBooks software displays 'QuickBooks® Setup' window.
- In ‘Tell us about your business’ dialog box, fill in the details for:
- Company Name
- Company Type (You need to choose ‘Company Type’ from the drop-down menu)
- Tax ID
- Do you have Employees? (select ‘Yes’ or ‘No’ from drop-down menu)
- Click on ‘Continue’ button
- Choose ‘Organization’ type
- Choose ‘month’ (the start of the company’s fiscal year)
- Click the ‘Finish’ button. A 'Filename and location' dialog box appears.
- Enter the ‘name’ and ‘location’ of the new company file created. Next, click the 'Save' button
The new and blank QuickBooks (QBW) file created is used as the target file to save all the recovered data after the completion of QBW file repair process using 'Stellar Repair for QuickBooks Software.’ You must close the new company file created and opened in QuickBooks before starting the QBW file repair process.