Organizations which are spread across various countries, are now rapidly moving to cloud based Office 365 platform from on premises Exchange Server environment. Not only because it is easy to use and manage than Exchange Online, but also because it has come up with some new and advanced features. Even some crucial server operations which are even hard to perform in on-premises Exchange server end, can be easily managed in Office 365; like mailbox migration, account administration, user management, or access Windows apps if require.
So working as an Exchange administrator on on-premises Exchange server environment, your organization may also ask you to migrate all the user’s mailboxes to Office 365. But you may also encounter few scenarios in your server environment where you have to deal with corrupt EDB files and inaccessible mailboxes before. In such cases, Stellar Phoenix Mailbox Exchange Recovery
software helps to recover corrupt Exchange EBD files and export the recovered items to Office 365.
In the article you will find the steps to recover the corrupt EDB file, and migration of recovered mailboxes to Office 365 mailboxes using the software. Follow the steps-
Just run the software and go through the steps we’ve mentioned below-
1. There are two options to start the process, either click 'Open EDB' if you the exact location of EDB file, or click 'Find EDB' to select the EDB file saved anywhere in any drive, folder or subfolder.
2. Specify all the required details in search criteria and click 'Start'. All the stored EDB files will be displayed in the Find Results section from where you can choose the targeted EDB file. Once you find appropriated EDB file, select it and click OK.
3. Again two options to continue the process. Select 'Quick Scan' to make EDB scanning job faster, or select 'Extensive Scan' for better results.
4. Just after EDB scanning process is completed, you can add another EDB file in the same process or close dialog box to check the mailboxes preview results.
5. Select the mailboxes folders from the left pane which you want to recover and export to Office 365. Either you can select one mailbox or multiple mailboxes folder from the EDB.
6. Once you select the mailboxes which need to be exported to Office 365 account, click 'Save' from File menu. Select the Office 365 option from the multiple saving formats.
7. Enter the login details of your Office 365 profile so that recovered mailbox can be exported to Office 365. Once the authentication is completed, rest software will finish the remaining job.
So these are the quick steps that make the migration of recovered Exchange mailboxes to Office 365 easier and smoother. All you need to just select the recovered mailboxes which you want to export, enter your Office 365 login credentials, and rest the software will do the migration for you. It’s that simple!
However, apart from exporting recovered mailboxes to Office 365, you can also export recovered files to live Exchange Server mailboxes. Just go through the referenced KB and follow the mentioned steps over there.