This knowledge base presents a software-based method to recover any file extension deleted from Mac running on macOS Mojave 10.14. View the tutorial video to gain quick insight of a D-I-Y software.
Stellar Data Recovery Professional supports around 200 inbuilt file extensions, and brings an advanced ‘Add File Type’ feature to include unlisted/custom file extensions in the scope of the recovery engine. By using the Deep Scan feature of the software, one can direct the recovery engine to perform rigorous scanning of the selected drive employing file signatures that each file extensions correspond.
The software supports the following file formats category encompassing over 200 extensions:
1) Photo, Audio, & Video formats: In this multimedia file format segregation, the software’s recovery engine supports 110 extensions. The most familiar extensions include:
2) Document formats: This file format group supports all MS Office extensions together with other 21 extensions. Some of the well-known extensions are:
3) Archive formats: For archive format category, the software supports 12 file extensions including the most common zip, rar, and 7z.
4) Application formats: This file format type supports 20 file extensions. Few important extensions include html, plist, mail, and emlx.
5) Text and other formats: This miscellaneous file format segregation supports 16 file extensions including rtf, jsp, aspx, and php.
The far-reaching files extensions are sufficient for almost all data recovery needs, but if your required file type that does not match the inbuilt list, you can verify the same and add the file type as mentioned next. Watch the video for a quick demo to add new file types in Stellar Data Recovery Professional for Mac.
Now, you can scan the storage drive for the specific file type. In this manner, via Stellar Data Recovery Professional software, you can recover any file extension deleted from Mac running on macOS Mojave 10.14 or lower versions. The utility is compatible with APFS and other file systems such as HFS+, HFS, FAT (FAT16, FAT32), exFAT, and NTFS. Free download the tool to assess. Register to save the file and get an additional Drive Monitor module.