In case of an iOS based devices like iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch, you can use iTunes to backup and restore the content. iTunes can be used to back up your iPhone settings, Messages, Camera Roll, documents, saved games, and other data. The backup file is stored in a folder depending upon the computer’s operating system. iTunes uses the following location to backup the files.
However, there are situations when the backup file becomes inaccessible or unreadable. There could be many reasons for an inaccessible iTunes backup file. Some of the common reasons include any change in the format or virus attack. In the worst case, this could even lead to severe data loss. Such a situation can be easily avoided by using a professional and reliable tool to recover lost data from iTunes backup file.
Stellar Data Recovery for iPhone is the best iPhone data recovery tool to recover data from iTunes backup files. The tool uses a sophisticated algorithm, which scans through the entire backup file to recover data. You can easily recover saved iOS data like Messages, Call History, Calendar, Notes, etc. from the backup file. However, you can do this only if you would have synchronized your iOS device with iTunes earlier.
You can use this software to recover the lost data from iTunes backup by following the below mentioned steps.
1. Launch ‘Stellar Data Recovery for iPhone’ tool. The software displays the main screen as shown below.
2. Click ‘Recover iTunes Backup’ option on the main screen of ‘Stellar Data Recovery for iPhone’ software.
3. The software analyzes your system and lists all the available iTunes backup files as shown below.
4. You can choose the desired iTunes backup file to preview and save the backup data from Camera Roll, Photo Stream, Contacts, Messages, etc.
5. You can make a selective selection of the file categories from the left side of the tree view a shown below.
Note: You can preview the deleted as well as existing items. All deleted items are listed in blue color, whereas the rest in blue.
6. You can select multiple file items from the list to save.
7. Provide a suitable location to save the data.
Note: You can always use the ‘Add Backup’ option to manually add the backup file from the system. This can be done by browsing to the location of the file by clicking ‘Add Backup’ button and then clicking OK as shown below.
However, such an option is feasible only if Stellar Data Recovery for iPhone is unable to list the iTunes backup files.