To recover only multimedia files (photo, audio and videos) using Stellar Phoenix, follow the steps mentioned below:
- From Select What to Recover screen, select Multimedia Files. Click Next.
- From Select Location screen, select a location from Common Locations or any of the Connected Drives. In case you want to scan a specific folder, from Common Locations select Choose Location. Browse to any desired location, select a folder you want to scan and click Select Folder.
- Click Scan. A screen showing the scanning process is displayed. Click Stop to stop the scan at any point.
- Once the scanning process is completed, details of the files and folder found are displayed in a dialog box.
Note: You can select only one volume at a time for recovery.
Now, to recover the data follow the below steps:
- From the Preview window, select the files and folders you want to recover. You can narrow the search result by selecting only specific files or type of files to view or recover from the File Type tab or to recover deleted files select the files from the Deleted List.
- You can select all or the individual files in the list. Click Save.
- A Save dialog box is displayed. Click Browse to select a destination to save data or click on Advanced Settings to configure advance recovery options. Specify the destination and choose the options as per requirement.
- Click Start Saving to start saving process. If the destination files have same names then you can overwrite, rename or skip. Choose as per the case.
- The selected files will be recovered and saved at the specified location. Navigate to the destination to view files.