Problem in Detail
After having recovered all my data and folders with Stellar Phoenix Mac Data Recovery software I found that folders are empty in the Finder Window. How should I solve this problem?
Important Check Point:
- Please check the size of the recovered folders whose data isn’t showing. Select the folder(s) and right-click to Get Info. Alternatively, you can select a folder and press Command + I button to get its size info.
- If the folder size is not ZERO kb, then your recovered files are there intact but hidden.
How to unhide data from the recovered folders?
- Launch Finder and go to Macintosh HD.
- Hold down Command + Shift + . (dot) keys. This will make all hidden files visible on the selected drive.
- Launch Terminal application from Utilities folder.
- Enter below command line and press Return: SUDO defaults write com.apple.Finder AppleShowAllFiles YES; killall Finder
- Provide your admin password when asked
- Again press Return key
This will unhide your recovered files or folders and you will be able to launch all files recovered by the Stellar Phoenix Mac Data Recovery software.